Shipping Your Firearm to Us
DO NOT MAIL FIREARMS TO OUR P.O. BOX!
It is legal for you to ship your firearm to us for work and for us to return it directly to you without going through a dealer. You must provide us with a street address for the return UPS shipment, and you must be the signer when UPS returns the firearm. We are required by BATF to have the firearm owner’s signature by UPS for legal return.
Do not attempt to use the postal service to ship a firearm. Use UPS or FedEx service only as they are the only services with access to our secured shipping area. Insure your contents for full retail value. We are not responsible for incoming shipping damage and will contact you if we have determined that your shipment has been damaged in transit to us.
Requirements for shipping your firearm to us:
- Prior to shipping, remove all stocks, scopes, mounts and accessories from your firearm unless they are necessary for the work to be done. This will further reduce your risk and save you additional labor charges.
- For AR-15 Trigger Installations ship lower assembly only. Stripped lowers should be shipped with selector lever. Because of unreliable manufacturing and tolerances, we do not perform trigger installations on 80% lowers.
- For bolt gun work, remove barrel action, optics and accessories. Remove stock, optics and accessories from barreled action.
- If you use original factory boxes, we recommend inserting them into another plain box so as not to have any indication that a firearm is enclosed.
- Make sure that the firearm is well packed to prevent movement and damage in shipment. There should be a buffer of at least one inch of packing material between your firearm and the wall of the box. If you are shipping a rifle, wrap some extra cardboard around the action to prevent the trigger from punching through the side of the box and getting damaged.
- If you do not have shipping boxes and/or packing materials to ship us your firearm, supplies are readily available at shipping outlets like the UPS Store or from office supply outlets like Office Max and Staples.
- When selecting a box to ship your firearm, make sure to choose a box that will accommodate the firearm after the work is performed. Adding a stock, muzzle break, etc. increases the dimensions of your firearm, so the box and packing material you use should allow for that change in dimension. Additionally, when securing your firearm with packing material, strive for simplicity. If your packing process is long and complicated, it will be twice the burden for us when we have to unpack and then repack your firearms for return. An inexpensive plastic hard case ($15 - $20 at big box or department stores) makes for a good shipping box if you secure the clasps with duct tape. If you choose to ship in a hard case without using protective cushioning around the case itself, be aware that the case may suffer some cosmetic or physical damage in transit.
- Shipping ammunition to accompany your rifle may sometimes be necessary. Ammunition must ship in a separate box from the firearm via UPS Ground or Fedex Ground. Make sure to pack ammunition securely in accordance with the current UPS or Fedex guidelines. Only send the amount of ammo that will be needed for the particular work/assessment needed. Live ammunition will not be return shipped.
- Serial numbered items must ship back to the same address from which they originated. Use this address when completing the work order form. If you use a third part shipping locations such as a UPS Store, the address specified on the work order can be treated as the originating address.
We will return your firearm by UPS unless you specify otherwise. UPS shipping/insurance will usually run $20.00 to $35.00.
The following work order must be included with your firearm. If you have discussed your project with us on the phone prior to shipping your firearm to us, include that information also on the Work Order. Due to the daily volume of customer calls, we must insist that you include this Work Order with your firearm along with all pertinent information. Upon receipt of your firearm, we will mail or email you an acknowledgement. UPS and Federal Express both offer online package tracking services allowing you to verify the delivery of your firearm to our custom shop.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (651) 426-9196 or email at [email protected]
California Customers: Please call in before shipping in your firearms to us for work.
Download the Work Order
Like sky diving, rock climbing and motor racing, the
handling of firearms involves a certain amount of unavoidable risk.
Minimizing the risk is the job of the shooter. If you are not the type of
person that can accept the responsibility of your own actions, guns are not for
The use of any custom parts or modifications may void
any warranty from the manufacturer of your firearm.
We strongly recommend that the safety and function of
your modified firearms be checked by a qualified gunsmith.
No liability is expressed or implied for
damage, injury or death resulting from the improper use or misuse of any JP
firearms, JP components or firearms modified using JP components.
Remember the four commandments of firearms safety:
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
- Never sweep yourself or anyone else with the muzzle.
- Never place your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to fire.
- Be sure that your backstop is safe.